Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Sunday, November 12, 2017

peanut butter cookies

Another classic fall favorite is peanut butter cookies! I was looking through an old Illinois Shorthorn Lassies cookbook of my grandma Stevens and found this recipe!
 
 
1 cup      butter
1 cup      peanut butter
1 cup      brown sugar
1 cup      granulated sugar
3 cups      whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon      baking soda
1 teaspoon      salt
1 teaspoon      vanilla
2       eggs

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Blend together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix ingredients well. Shape dough into one inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Or, press balls of dough with a fork to flatten making a crisscross. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cookies cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment