Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pregnancy Checking and Vaccinations: Fall 2013

preparing to vaccinate and pregnancy check heifers and cows
 
It was a gorgeous, sunny day! Today we pregnancy checked a herd of 57 cows and heifers that will be calving next spring. As Dr Baird pregnancy checked each cow or heifer, I recorded the information for our records. Our cow herds are due to calve in March and April. With Dr Baird, we also vaccinated our cattle herd with our pre-calving health program. We will be pregnancy checking and vaccinating the second herd of cows another day.

2 comments:

  1. Monica - I just finished reading your journal in Farm and Ranch and i really enjoyed it. Did a little digging and found your blog! Looking forward to following along! (Loved your journal in Farm and Ranch - it was awesome). My husband and I retired to a 100 acre farm in Tennessee where we are in the early stages of raising grass-fed beef. We have a whole lot to learn!!!!!! ~ Dori @ theredfeedsack.blogspot.com ~.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dori!
    Thank you for your kind words! It was such an honor to write a journal for Farm and Ranch Living. I was blessed for the amazing opportunity to share my love of agriculture and my family's farm! Thank you for following my blog. So excited! And, I will be sure to follow you as well! I love talking to other beef produers :)

    Best,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete