Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Thursday, January 9, 2014

31 things...

January is my birth month, so I thought it would be fun to share 31 things about myself...
 
1. I was raised on a corn, soybean, hay, and Shorthorn farm in Knox County
2. My family has been raising Shorthorn cattle since 1943...we celebrated 70 years in 2013!
3. I graduated from Western Illinois University with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
4. I was a member of an agricultural sorority, Sigma Alpha at Western Illinois University
5. For 10 years, I was a member of the Walnut Grove Progressors 4-H Club...beef cattle, photography, and conservation were my projects
6. In 4-H, I had a fond memory showing cattle. I loved seeing my grandpa and grandma sitting in the bleachers proudly watching every year.
7. I absolutely love to exercise and am an avid runner!
8. My goal is to run a half marathon
9. My favorite number is 8... even most of my heifers have been tagged with a number 8 :)
10. Photography has been a passion of mine since I was 8 years old
11. I love showing my love of agriculture through my photography...I want others to see what I love
12. My earliest memory was at the age of two...I remember watching through the back window of the car as my dad drove home a new loader tractor
13. The best memories I have growing up on the farm are riding in my dad's truck checking cows
14. My favorite colors are yellow and purple...not the reason I attended WIU :)
15. I'm a dreamer...always dream big and shoot for the stars!
16. I am a fan of the Chicago Cubs...GO CUBBIES!
17. Jason Aldean and Miranda Lambert are my favorite country musicians!
18. When I was in second grade, I wanted to be a veterinarian or Dallas Cowboy cheerleader...I loved their boots :)
19. I LOVE Mountain Dew...seriously, I should have an endorsement deal
20. I have always wanted to learn how to box!
21. I love cars...my dream cars are a black Chevrolet Chevelle, and Chevrolet Camaro SS
22. Since I was 5, I have been a NASCAR fan...I loved Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt
23. I am a farm girl...love Carhartt, Craftsman, Chevrolet, 4wheeling, working hard, and getting my hands dirty
24. And, I am a girly girl...love wine, pedicures, clothes, shoes, and jewelry :)
25. I have ink...two tattoos. They remind me to BELIEVE!
26. I'd love to jump in my car and travel across the United States taking photographs...I think it would be amazing!
27. I am inspired by lyrics from the Eli Young Band...'keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart'. Reach for the stars!
28. I am blessed with amazing experiences and opportunities in my life...Knox County Farm Bureau Young Farmers Chair, Illinois Beef Association Checkoff Director, Illinois Farm Bureau Young Leader Committee District 8 Representative, photo published in The Progressive Farmer magazine, 2012 Illinois Farm Bureau Young Leader Committee Chair, Illinois Livestock Development Group advertisement, journal in Farm & Ranch Living magazine, Illinois Cattlewomen President
29. I am very thankful for my family, especially my parents..they have supported and believed in me  
30. I am an advocate for agriculture...I want non-farm friends to understand what I so truly love
31. Every day, I do what I love and love what I do...photography and raise cattle :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment