Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

renovating a calving area


 
Last spring, we started renovating part of a barn for calving. We own two For-Most calving tubs...one for each farm. We use these calving pens in case a cow is in need of assistance in calving. We will have used these calving tubs for three seasons now. And, they have made assisting a cow in calving safer and stress free. My calving tub was moved to a different area of the barn and set on a rock mix for the 2015 calving season.

 
In October 2015, concrete was poured in the area of the barn where we had my For-Most calving tub last spring. The concrete will make this area perfect! We will have two 10 x 12 pens in the back of the barn to use for new cow/calf pairs. New lighting will be added to this section of the barn. I have drawn plans to figure out what is needed. I also have hope to include a barn camera in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment