Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, May 26, 2018

vodka lemonade

[  vodka + lemon  ]

There is something about lemon. It is my favorite...especially during the summertime! It is not often I drink. But, I do love an iced cold Corona with a lime or a vodka lemonade during the summer! They remind me of sweet summer. And, I cherish it!

 
Enjoy this sweet recipe for a vodka lemonade to sip slowly this summer...

2 ounces      vodka  (  I use Svedka  )
6 ounces      lemonade (  1 cup lemon juice + 6 1/2 cups water + 1 cup sugar = 2 quarts  )
ice
lemon slices for garnish
 
Add vodka and lemonade to your favorite glass. [ my favorite glass is a purple Mason jar ] Stir together. Add ice and lemon slices for garnish. Soak in the sunshine!
 
Here is another for a vodka lemonade slushy! This is perfect for summer!
 
2 ounces      vodka
2 ounces      lemon juice
1 + 3/4 ounces     simple syrup ( reduce 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water over medium heat )
2 cups      ice
4      strawberries ( sliced )
 
Combine the vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, and ice into a blender. Blend for 18 - 20 seconds. Pour into a glass and garnish with a strawberry and a lemon slice. Find your favorite spot outdoors and relax!
 
Enjoy the warmth and sunshine this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment