Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lightning Bugs

Once I figured out that lightning bugs wouldn't 'zap' me, I fell in love with them as a young girl. During summer nights in the country, I loved running around in the yard barefoot chasing and catching lightning bugs. That is one of my favorite memories I have growing up on the farm. Hopefully it will be a memory and pastime that I will share with my three nieces each summer.

To this day, I am still fond of them lighting up the summer sky. In the evening, I enjoy sitting outside on my porch relaxing and taking in their beauty. The glow from the lighting bugs in contrast to the darkening sky truly is a beautiful sight in the country. Lightning bugs look so peaceful as they float through the air twinkling as the sun is setting. The almost look like stars...only a little closer to us. Summer seems to be the perfect time to sit back and enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment