Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chili... heartwarming for fall



Fall is perfect for making chili in the crockpot. I love how the aroma fills my house. There are many crisp days that are great to enjoy chili after a day of work on the farm. Warm up with my chili recipe!
 
 
1 pound    ground beef
2  (46 ounce) cans    tomato juice
1 (15 ounce) can    kidney beans
1 (14 ounce) can    fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup    corn
12 ounces    salsa
2 teaspoons    chili powder
1 teaspoon    garlic powder
 
Brown the ground beef in a pan and drain off the fat. Combine the beef with the tomato juice, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, and salsa in the crockpot. Stir in the chili powder, and garlic powder. Let the chili simmer for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment