Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Sun Sets on 2013

As the sun set on 2013, I reflected upon the year. It was truly an amazing year. I have been so blessed! Throughout this past year, I had incredible experiences. And, I have so many wonderful memories to cherish.

 
 
* 2013 celebrated the 70th year of my family raising Shorthorn cattle. It is a proud moment for the family. Hoping for many more years!

* Ran my best 3 mile time...23.40! I was SUPER excited!
 
* In January, I celebrated my 35th birthday. And, my dad celebrated his 70th in May!

* As my last responsibility as the 2012 IFB Young Leader Chair, I served as a Voting Delegate for Illinois at American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. It was an amazing experience sitting in the delegate session.

* At the Illinois Farm Bureau Young Leader Conference, I received my pin as a retiring IFB Young Leader Committee Representative. It was such an honor to have served on the committee. Through Farm Bureau, I am extremely grateful for the opportunities and experiences I've had. And, I have so many great memories and wonderful friends throughout the years.
 
* I joined the Illinois Shorthorn Association...my grandpa would have been happy :)
 
* Excited I was hired as a crop insurance adjuster with Diversified Crop Insurance Services!

* One afternoon, Paula Sands called me to be interviewed on her show, Paula Sands Live on KWQC-TV6. Overjoyed! I was pleasantly surprised! Tears of joy were in my eyes as she said many kind words about me and my photography. It was absolutely incredible! I loved being able to share my love of agriculture through my photographs.

* I was accepted into the Cultivating Master Farmers program. So excited to be the Class of 2015! Looking forward the wonderful learning experience!
 
* Most importantly, I regained a friendship. Through my involvement with Illinois Farm Bureau Young Leaders, I met Dale. Over the past eight years, Dale became a great friend of mine. We've had many great times. And, we have seen each other through some tough times. This year, our friendship became stronger. I look forward to many more years in making memories!


Jason Aldean concert at Wrigley Field in Chicago!

 
* In November, I was elected President of Illinois Cattlewomen! I am looking forward to educating consumers about beef, and the beef industry through Illinois Cattlewomen.
 
* I traveled to Brazil for the 2013 Illinois Farm Bureau Young Leaders Ag Industry Tour. It was incredible! I enjoyed learning about agriculture in Brazil. I am grateful for the experience! And, I met some wonderful people :)
 
* My journal and photos were featured in the December-January issue of Farm & Ranch Living! I was so excited to share my love of agriculture and family farm! It was such an honor. For media outreach for Farm & Ranch Living, I also had the opportunity to be interviewed by WMBD and RFD. So much fun! My experience with Farm & Ranch Living was amazing! 
 
 
Best wishes to you in 2014!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment