Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

During the winter, I love making these cookies for friends and family! And when I bake, I make a double batch of cookies.


2 1/2 cups    wheat flour
2 cups      sugar
1/4 cup      light brown sugar
2/3 cup      cocoa
1/2 teaspoon      baking soda
3/4 teaspoon      salt
4      eggs
2 tablespoons      milk
1/2 cup      butter
1 teaspoon      mint extract

Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs, and milk. Stir all together. Add butter, and mint extract. Blend well. Roll cookie dough into balls. Place onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before icing.

Icing:
4 cups      powdered sugar
1/2 cup      butter
6 tablespoons      milk
1 teaspoon      mint extract
1/4 teaspoon      salt

Mix powdered sugar, butter, and milk together in a large bowl. Stir in mint extract, and salt. Blend well.
 
Ice cookies and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Enjoy with a glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment