Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Sunday, October 4, 2020

antique lockers

At an auction, I bought a set of antique lockers. It was the best $35 ever spent. I am absolutely in love with them! Black rusty metal... it is perfect in my farm home 💜

 
[ The lockers were unsold at the auction when I returned to pick up my purchases. I could not understand why someone would not buy it. I fell in love with the lockers at first sight. There was so much possibility! ] 

This set of antique lockers has been repurposed in my rustic farm home. Once I moved the set of lockers into my house, I realized how big it actually was. WOW! It is stunning in my living room. 

The top of the lockers was uneven. To it, I added a cross member from the old corn crib. I love how it looks! It creates contrast and polish. Such a warm feel! And, I adore the knot in the wood. It has so much character  💜

A rustic elegance is the vibe of the lockers. In styling, I used...
black + white photos
clock
antique turquoise canning jars
wood candlestick holder [ Magnolia Market in Waco, TX ] + black taper candle
table lamp
accent chair + frilly black pillow
palm

I framed three of my favorite black + white prints... two 8x10 and one 11x14 lean against the wall. It is pretty great being a photographer... it makes styling my farm home even more special. The framed photos create more height to the lockers. They are at the center of the lockers as the focus. And, I love the layering of the frames. It creates some texture and dimension. The antique canning jars in turquoise add a pop of color for a nice contrast. The wood candlestick holder [ on clearance at Magnolia Market in Waco, TX ] creates height and balance to my framed farm photos. The black taper candle coordinates with the black frames. A lamp on top of the lockers was perfect for this corner of my living room. 
. wood . glass . metal .


The styled lockers add so much coziness to my farm home! The wood, glass, and metal elements created a lot of warmth in the corner of my living room. In love. A plant and an accent chair really completes it.

I then decided to add the vintage bird cage I bought at an antique store while visiting a friend on a road trip to Texas. I had been trying to find the perfect place for it in my home, and I found it... in this corner.  

This corner! So in love 💜 I absolutely adore how it looks!


[ Since posting, I switched out the lamp. I chose a clear glass baluster lamp. I love it. It is even more perfect. ] 

No comments:

Post a Comment