Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Sunday, November 26, 2017

black walnut cake

Black Walnut trees are close to my heart. They grew in our cattle pastures. And, I grew up on a farm in Walnut Grove Township, Knox County, Illinois. Here is a recipe for a delicious Black Walnut Cake!


1/2 cup      butter
1 1/2 cups      sugar
2 cups      whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons      baking powder
3/4 cup      milk
4      eggs
1 cup      black walnuts (chopped)
1 teaspoon      vanilla

Cream together the butter and sugar. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Slowly add in the milk. Mix in the chopped black walnuts and vanilla. Beat well. Blend in the eggs to the mixture. Grease and dust a 9x13 pan with flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
 
This black walnut cake is perfect for fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment