Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

road trip to TX: 2018

So, I took a road trip to visit my friend in Texas. It is always enjoyable driving through Oklahoma and Texas. Such a beautiful drive! And, it was good for my gypsy spirit.

 

I stopped at the Fort Worth stockyards for a beer at the White Elephant. It is a tradition of mine. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the old cow town.


old bricks in the stockyard

In Waco, I visited the Silos Baking Co at Magnolia Market. It was my first time at the Silos Baking Co. I had been wanting to go since I was at Magnolia Market in 2016. It was so exciting to be at the Silos Baking Co! I just had to have a cupcake. So, I ordered three flavors of cupcakes to take home with me...The Classic { chocolate cake + vanilla buttercream icing } Shiplap { vanilla cake + vanilla buttercream icing } and Lemon Lavender { lemon and lavender cake + lemon buttercream icing. The cupcakes looked amazing! And, the box they were packaged in was even adorable!
 


My heart was all aflutter. The bakery was absolutely gorgeous! It was beautifully designed...the white washed brick, windows, black shutters, and gooseneck lighting. And, those window boxes!! So simply beautiful.

 
It was such a pretty afternoon. So, I had to enjoy a Lemon Lavender cupcake on the patio of the bakery. Sitting at a marble patio table, I soaked in every moment at the silos.
 
 
From Waco, I continued along the road to meet Keri at her home. It was great seeing her. The next day, we revisited Junk Gypsy in Round Top. So much fun décor inspiration! I am in junk overload. In love!
 
 

 
At a shop in town, I found an antique cash register. So cool! It made the trip back to Illinois. And, I am so excited to use it in my rustic farm style!


After looking at some cute shops, we enjoyed lovely lunch at The Garden Co. The burger with bacon and crispy fried onions was amazing!





The restaurant was absolutely beautiful. So much to adore! It was so very nice to chat with Keri. And of course, the day would not be complete without an iced vanilla latte for the road! What a great day! 
 
 
When in Texas... We had lunch at Whataburger! It is a must when I am in Texas. I enjoyed a Whataburger with their spicy ketchup, fries, and a Dr Pepper. Yumm! And of course, there was Blue Bell ice cream...coffee ice cream. 

 
Keri and I had so much fun looking at an antique store in the afternoon! There are so many unique finds in Texas!
 

Visiting friends is good for my soul. It always makes my heart smile. I loved my adventure to Texas!    

No comments:

Post a Comment