Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Friday, October 4, 2019

concrete planter

On Pinterest, I found ideas for flower pots made out of concrete. I thought they were super cute and wanted to try it myself!


I used a plastic bowl and a cup to create my mold. Before pouring in the mix, I sprayed the inside of the bowl and the cup with cooking spray. I let it set until fully dry before removing the mold. Then, I sprayed the concrete planter with a sealant for protection.

 
At Lowe's, I picked out a few succulents I thought were cute. Of the three, I chose one for the concrete planter.  It fit perfectly in the planter!


I hope to create more planters... in all sizes and shapes. And, I will try to make bowls and candle holders too! The concrete may be stained for more of a rustic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment