Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Friday, October 11, 2019

lavender lemonade

Inspired by a road trip to Texas...

On my way to visit my friend, Keri, I stopped at the Magnolia Market and the Silos Baking Co in Waco, Texas. Soaking in the warmth of the sunshine, I decided to order a lavender lemonade from the Magnolia Table food truck and enjoy the afternoon. It was so so good! { of course, I had to try a lemon lavender cupcake, too!  }


1 tablespoon        dried lavender
1 cup        sugar
2 cups        boiling water
1 1/2 cups        lemon juice
2 cups        water

In a measuring bowl, add the dried lavender. Pour the granulated sugar over the lavender. Gently press the lavender into the sugar. Pour two cups of boiling water over the lavender sugar. Stir until the sugar has melted. Cover the bowl and let it infuse for 30 minutes. Strain the lavender from the syrup. Stir in the lemon juice. And, add two cups of water. Serve with a desired amount of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment