Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

finds from Texas

Oh, Texas. I love you.

Texas Antiques Week! I was at Texas Antiques Week! Oh my goodness. I have been wanting to go for a very long time... and was able to go!  For a girl that absolutely loves rusty, old junk... it was heaven! It was incredible. We wandered through the charming towns of Round Top and Warrenton. So much stuff! Oh my... literally all I could say everywhere we walked. It was so much fun to experience with my friend, Keri and her mom!
 

I have wanted an antique dough bowl for a long while. Antique dough bowls are so neat! They have so much charm. Knowing I was going to Texas, I wanted to find one at Antiques Week. I picked this dough bowl at Nomadic Trading Company. I love it so much! It is beautiful in my rustic farm home.    


The next stop was at a Jennifer Casebeer Art booth. Oh goodness. I wanted so many pieces. They are so unique and beautiful! After so much thought, I chose this cream cow on an antique tin. My heart is all aflutter. I am swooning over it. I am sure I will add to this rustic painting very soon.

 
When I saw this used Texas road sign, I knew it was driving back home with me to Illinois. So much fun! I am not sure where or how I am style it...but, it will stellar. I am in love with it. This road sign is a perfect find for my road trip to Texas!


So, I have been dreaming of an antique dress form. I was on a mission to find one in Texas. And, I found the perfect one. My heart fluttered when I wandered into it. It was ridiculously exciting! I was going to repurpose the antique dress form to hold accessories. It was exactly what I had in mind. I absolutely love how it looks in my bedroom. The dress form is displaying the cowhide earrings, leather wristlet, and felt hat I bought while in Texas.  

  


At an antique store in Smithville, I found these vintage Texas plates. Texas, black & white, stars, and rust... had to have them! All of my favorite things.

My first adventure to Texas Antiques Week was amazing! Texas Antiques Week was such an incredible experience. And, I am so glad I was able to go with my Keri and her mom! I am already looking forward to the next time, Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment