Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

beer brownies

[ today is my BiRtHdAy! i am 4.0! ]

To celebrate, I made beer brownies! They smell so good! And, they taste absolutely delicious! These beer brownies are perfect for my birthday. The beer I used for this recipe was ZiegenBock Texas Amber. I picked it up on a trip to TX to visit my friend, Keri!


beer brownie:
12 ounces      dark beer
1/2 cup      butter
1 cup      cocoa
2 cups      sugar
6 ounces      milk chocolate
2      eggs
2 teaspoons      vanilla
1/2 teaspoon      salt
1 cup      wheat flour


beer frosting:
6 tablespoons      butter
2 cups      powdered sugar
6 tablespoons      beer concentrate

Add the beer to a saucepan and bring to a boil. The beer reduces to about 2/3 of a cup. The process takes around 30 minutes. Set aside to cool. Reserve 4 tablespoons for the beer frosting.

Melt the butter and chocolate. Add in cocoa powder and sugar. Stir in the reduced beer, egg, and vanilla. Combine flour and salt. Add to the mixture and stir well.

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Let the brownies cool.

To make the frosting, mix together the butter and powdered sugar. Stir in the 6 tablespoons of beer. Frost the brownies and enjoy!
 
I am looking forward to adventures in 2018!
Cheers to 4.0!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment