Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Friday, September 7, 2018

homemade chalkboards

[  chalkboard  ]

For a summer celebration, I was in need of a chalkboard...
 
 
In my dad's garage, I found a small, left over piece of plywood. I brought it to my house and cut it into two. These two sections of plywood each measure 16 x 42. They are a perfect size.
 
After sanding the plywood, I spray painted them in a flat black paint. On one side of the plywood sections, I sprayed the boards with black Krylon chalkboard paint to create a slate finish. With the chalkboard paint, they are able to be write and erase.

Once the chalkboard paint dried, I used white chalk to cover the boards. A paper towel was used to wipe the chalk across the boards. Enough chalk remained to create a rustic look. The boards were then ready to design for the celebration!

I now use them in my house as décor. So simple and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment