Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, September 8, 2018

summer road trip: 2018

[  IL - TX  ]

. follow your arrow...mine pointed towards Texas . 
 

So, I road tripped to Texas this summer...I love road trips! They are full of adventure and are good for my wandering gypsy spirit. I decided to drive to Texas to visit my friend, Keri...we always have a great time. And, it makes my heart smile with wonderful memories made.


On the way to Texas, I always pit stop in the Fort Worth Stockyards. During the summer, I love enjoying a burger from The Love Shack while sitting outside and soaking in the sunshine of Texas. This time I tasted the Dirty Love Burger...beef with bacon and quail egg. Yumm! It was so good! And of course, I have to go to the White Elephant Saloon for a cold beer... on tap was Revolver Blood and Honey.


Before leaving the old stockyards, I wandered into Lazy J Ranch Wear. Oh goodness. I loved this shop! Their Hereford tees and caps were crazy cute. This cap was adorable! It is my new favorite. I will most definitely be going back to their shop. [ tees will be in a future #farmchickfavorite blog post ]

On a pit stop in Waco, I rambled into The Findery. There, I found two pillows for my kitchen chairs. I had been wanting rustic pillows to make my kitchen chairs cozy. They are perfect!

 
A great way to live life...

lemon lavender cupcake

And while in Waco, I obviously roamed into the Silos Baking Co for cupcakes at the bakery! Of course, I brought home cupcakes for my parents to enjoy... chocolate with vanilla icing. I would be more than happy to back to the Silos Baking Co if my parents wanted more cupcakes...
 

One morning, I prowled around Whistle Stop Antiques in Giddings. Oh my goodness. I wanted all the things. This antique store was absolutely amazing. Seriously. I wish I had driven my truck to haul home everything I loved. I cannot wait to stop at this antique shop again! There were so many antiques that would be perfect for my rustic farm home. Berry baskets and flat, wash pan, chicken feeder, corbel, cow bell, and stool are what I picked at Whistle Stop Antiques. I am very excited to style them in my home!



This painting! Strolling around Round Top, we found this painting outside of a shop. I am in love with it. It is gorgeous!


Keri [ and Berkley ] and I enjoyed chatting over lunch in Round Top at The Garden Co. It is such a beautiful café to gather for lunch! And of course, we had iced coffees for the road.

 
my longhorn
We meandered through the Rustic Center. I loved seeing all of the beautiful clay pots and fountains. I ended up buying a longhorn while in Texas... a longhorn made of tree branches. It is a favorite! I am looking forward to displaying it on my patio. [ a #farmchickfavorite blog post to be written ]

 
A trip to Texas is not complete without a pair of boots. We stopped at South Texas Tack where I found a gorgeous pair. I love the smell of a boots.  
 
 
Sunsets on a cattle farm in Texas... it does not get much better. The sun through the Live Oak trees was glorious. I am very thankful for great friends that let me visit their cattle farm. 


While in Texas, I do love shopping and going to fun places to eat or have a drink... but, I enjoy spending time with a fellow cow chick. It is always great to see my good friend, Keri [ and Berkley ]. It is good for my soul. Every time I visit, I have such an amazing time and memories to forever cherish.


For the road back to the farm in Illinois, I had to have a little Blue Bell on the way... the perfect way to end an spectacular road trip.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment