Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Sunday, October 28, 2018

rustic boho bedroom

[ rustic farm chic bedroom ]


Slowly, I have been styling my bedroom finding the perfect décor. I started with my antique bed and designed from there. My bedroom is a room I want to be comfortable, rustic, funky, and a little frilly. It is of a rustic boho inspiration.
 
My bedding coordinates but does not match because I wanted it to be unique. The fitted sheet is tan, and my flat sheet is brown. My comforter is a turquoise and white pattern + a nubby turquoise blanket [ a find @ Buc-cees in TX ]. I love pillows... so I have a lot of them. From shopping trips to Junk Gypsy in Round Top, Texas, I found two pillows... a 'dream big' pillow, and a pillow in shape of a camper 'wherever you go, go with all your heart'. So cute!


At the foot of my bed is a wood bench my dad made me years ago. On it, is a basket with pillows to add a soft and comfortable touch. I have a pillow from one of my favorite local stores, and a frilly cowgirl pillow from a road trip to Texas. I also have a pretty fern for some texture.


My nightstand is a file cabinet I painted. It holds a brown glass lamp, a 11 x 14 b & w framed print of O6, an antique turquoise ball jar, and a felt letter board with a message of 'but first... cows'. The file cabinet also neatly stores my favorite ball caps.

cow hide love
The carpet was torn out to show the original hardwood floor. And, I ordered a 6 x 9 sisal rug from Wayfair to compliment the floor. A cowhide rug also coordinates with the sisal rug. As a cow chick, I absolutely love my cow hide rug. These rugs add character, texture, and warmth to the room.


My curtains are from Target. They are a medium tan fabric with black stitching. The curtain panels are drawn together using jute twine. Along side my windows... I have two old, large wood doors. They were salvaged from a house. These gorgeous doors enlarge the wall and windows. They have so much charm. And, they add a lot of character to my bedroom. The antique doors are also perfect to hang photos!

 
From a barn on our farm, I found a chippy white paint table. It adds a rustic boho edge to my room. I adore it. I also have an old wood ladder leaning against the wall as a functional interest piece.  

I am in love with my bedroom. It has taken quite some time to style...but it was well worth it. My room is so cozy after a day on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment