Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, October 20, 2018

chippy bedroom table

 
Years ago, I found a table out in a shed on the farm. Of course, I just had to clean it up and bring it into my house. It was perfect in my rustic farm home. The chippy white table now had a cozy spot in my bedroom. For years, I was not sure how it use the old wood table but loved that it was in my bedroom.
 
 
On a recent visit to Bishop Hill, I found two vintage lamps. I was so excited to buy them to style my rustic home. I love these lamps! The lamps no longer work, but I thought they would add character. They have so much charm! When I carried them into my house, I started thinking about where I wanted to use them in my décor. After a little thought, I decided to set a lamp on the chippy white table in my bedroom. Oh my goodness. Perfect! It could not be more perfect.
 
oh, my heart.
An old wood crate was already sitting on the table to store some of my accessories. Then, I had an idea that would coordinate with the table, lamp, and crate... an old photo and frame. A framed photo of my grandma was given to me. It all looked so amazing together. My heart actually fluttered!

 
These light pink, glass dishes were a find at Junk Gypsy in Round Top, TX. They look vintage. I thought they would be so sweet to keep jewelry. I think they are perfect for this chippy table.
 
antique finds
Beside the table, is a pink metal stool I fell in love with this adorable stool at an antique store. It was a fun find from my road trip to Texas in September. I knew I would have the perfect use for it in my home.    
 
I am so excited about my bedroom table. My taste is not frilly but do like the pink, white, and antiqued brass palate. It is whimsical. The inspiration for my bedroom was rustic boho. Sigh. I love my bedroom so much. And, the chippy wood table will be so adorable as a makeup table and as a cute way to organize some of my accessories. All I need is an old mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment