Welcome!

my daily life on a cattle farm, my love of agriculture, and stories behind my photos

Saturday, October 6, 2018

farm find


 
So, I loaded up my truck with a hog creep feeder from the farm. Since it is no longer used, I thought it would be great to repurpose it at my house. It will be so crazy cute in my rustic landscaping! This summer, I bought a few native Illinois prairie plants [ Big Bluestem, Little Bluestem, Blue Flag Iris, Purple Prairie Clover, Sky Blue Aster, Spiderwort, and Wild Petunia ]. The rusty creep feeder will perfect nestled within the native plants. It will be such a cozy spot outdoors.


A large section of a tree truck had been sitting along the driveway to a pasture. After driving past it many of times, I finally decided to pick it up with my loader tractor and haul it to my house. I thought it would be so fun to grow flowers in it! The tree trunk had decomposed enough that it would be perfect as a rustic planter. When I dropped off my 'new' planter beside the pig creep feeder, my heart fluttered. They looked amazing together!

I am so excited to create a cozy area in my backyard to relax after a long day on the farm. It will be so much fun to landscape and decorate. I am thinking a fire pit will also be needed...    

No comments:

Post a Comment